12 Weeks of Christmas, Week #3 No bake Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Hedgehogss
I know the theme for this event is to post happy, colourful Christmas cookies, but i just couldn’t resist sneaking in these little treats.
Sure, hedgehogs are more suited for Halloween, which of course is also just around the corner. In fact, the original recipe called for them to be shaped into mice. But i wasn’t about to get licorice ropes just for the mice tails.
So i kinda improvised, and tried to make them as friendly looking as i possibly could.
The original recipe called for mini candies for the mice’s eyes.
But, that’s not happening to my friendly hedgehogs, i wasn’t about to let them have red, evil stares.
Instead, I dotted some white chocolate for these, plus a mini within for that extra innocence.
And also, a sprinkle of thorns, for i just simply couldnt leave these cherubic faces defenceless.
That’s a hedgehog, eating a giant almond. Hedgehogs eat almonds right.
Oh, did i mention that these are No-bake?
Andthey are made up of the most perfect pair, peanut butter and chocolate?
Ok, i shall not hedge for the recipe and hog on your attention any longer.
Here goes! Recipe from Taste of Home
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 12 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 36 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- Assorted candies: Red cake decorator dots, M&M’s semisweet miniature baking bits and black sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the peanut butter, butter and vanilla until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. Stir in cereal. Shape into 1-in. balls, tapering one end to resemble a mouse. Position almonds on heads for ears. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip mice into coating; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately insert licorice for tails. Add red dots for eyes and M&M’s miniature baking bits for noses. Sprinkle with black sugar. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
This is my week #3 of 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies. Third week, means that we are about 9 weeks away from Christmas!
Thanks again Abbey Sweets for hosting the event. I cant wait to see what the others bake up with!
A baking addict who loves to give away all her baked products to willing (or unwilling) recipients to make room for more baking. i would love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- April 2009
- Writing a #postcrossing postcard to Germany through postcrossing.com 2 months ago
- Beer Battered Fish and Onion Rings wp.me/puVmX-Vu 4 months ago
- @drtiwi : terimakasih dok atas pencerahan nya. Membantu sekali 5 months ago
- @dokterlaktASI misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi 5 months ago
- @drtiwi misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi. Makasih 5 months ago