12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies, Week #5 Mr. Meringue Frosty
Meringue ghosts seem to be popular now that halloween is around the corner. I’ve seen them on cupcakes, whole cakes, or even as cookies. It comes as pretty much a no-brainer for me to make meringue snowmen for 12 Weeks Of Christmas Cookies. I mean, since they are both supposedly white anyways.
Meet Mr. Frosty. He is every bit as his ghostly cousin in compositiion, except maybe less spooky.
The thing i like about meringue cookies is that they only need two ingredients. Egg whites and sugar. That’s probably something every household has on hands at all times. There is probably no need for that run to the store to get some last minute ingredients.
These said egg whites and sugar are whipped senseless before they are sent to bake in an oven. As many of you would have known, something magical happens when u whip these egg whites. They form into a voluminous mass which u can easily coax to form whatever u fancy.
LOL, that’s probably Frosty’s girlfriend panicking over her boyfriend.
U can also pipe them into kisses with a star shaped nozzle.
And they take colour quite easily too! My kisses are streaked with the festive green and red.
How long you bake it depends on your personal preference. I like mine with a crisp outer shell, with a gooey surprise centre. So its a relatively quick bake for me.
Anyways, having raved about the wonders of meringue cookies , there is also one setback.
With sugar as its primary ingredients, these cookies are pretty much on the sweeter side, something that the dentist will probably tsked u for eating, or something that doctors wouldn’t touch with a pole.
But then again, what’s Christmas without a bit of an indulgence? :)
Recipe by me.
3 egg whites
150 grams sugar
1. Double boil egg whites till hot to the touch
2. Whip the egg whites senseless till it forms stiff peaks
3. Shape them into your desired shapes
4. Bake them at a low temperature oven ( How long u bake them depends on how big your cookies are and how crisp u want them to be). For Mr Frosty i baked mine at 140 degree C ( Not F!) for 40 minutes.
Geez, i dont think i am cut out to be a recipe writer. This so doesnt sound convincing. In fact, it is sounding a wee bit shady. But it worked for me. Nevertheless, please feel free to use other meringue cookies recipe!
A baking addict who loves to give away all her baked products to willing (or unwilling) recipients to make room for more baking. i would love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- April 2009
- Writing a #postcrossing postcard to Germany through postcrossing.com 2 months ago
- Beer Battered Fish and Onion Rings wp.me/puVmX-Vu 4 months ago
- @drtiwi : terimakasih dok atas pencerahan nya. Membantu sekali 5 months ago
- @dokterlaktASI misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi 5 months ago
- @drtiwi misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi. Makasih 5 months ago