I made cream tarts today.
And topped it with strawberries and dragon fruit.
That’s health food allright.
It doesnt matter the butter in the crust.
Or the full fat milk and whole yolks in the pastry cream.
Having fruits on the tarts offset that.
In fact, having fruits on anything is healthy by default.
Sweet Tart Pastry
110 gr icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
430 gr AP flour
1. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla,
2. Beat flour into butter mixture till incorporated
3. Bake at 170 degree celcius till golden brown (about 15 – 20 mins)
4. Pipe pastry cream into baked shells
5. Arrange fresh fruits on pastry cream
Pastry Cream Recipe from Martha Stewart.