This morning i got up, and prepped myself for a good arm workout.
I am talking about 30 whole minutes of hand kneading half a kilo of bread dough.
That’s an achievement for someone as exercise deprived as me. I know i should be doing something about that fact.
I will get to that.
But first, lemme just lament on how soft and chewy these sweet breads are.
And not forgetting moist. Cause no one likes stale dry breads… Definitely not asians, where bakeries run aplently with sweet soft breads with every imaginable fillings and toppings.
Try it, if u already havent!
Basic Sweet Bread Dough
(adapted from “Magic Bread” by Alex Goh)
Ingredients A :
100gm bread flour
70gm boiling water
300gm bread flour
100gm plain flour
20gm milk powder
9gm instant yeast
Ingredients C :
175gm cold water
60gm cold eggs
Ingredient D :
1. Add the boiling water from A into flour, mix until well blended to form dough. Cover and set aside to cool. Keep it into refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. Mix B until blended. Add in C and knead to form rough dough. Add in A and knead until well blended.
3. Add in D and knead to form elastic dough.
4. Let it proof for 40 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into required weight and mould it round. Let it rest for 10 minutes and ready to use.