U know how some things don’t need introduction? That there is a general global knowledge and quite possibly a universal love toward it? I might be exaggerating, but that’s how i feel about Nutella.
I grew up with spooning Nutella straight from the jar and into my mouth, careful to always change my spoon and not double dip because i didnt want my pristine jar of Nutella contaminated.
As for these cupcakes, good generous dollops of Nutella on each was in order.
Because I didn’t say that i stopped licking Nutella off my spoon,
Because adults also need that occasional burst of sheer heaven.
And sheer heaven is what i was trying to deliver with these cupcakes.
Recipe from Khas –> She was my school mate a long long long time ago!!
If u are reading this, HI KHAS! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
3/4 cupwhite sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella (1 tsp for each cupakes)
1. Preheat oven to 175 degree celcius (325F). Line muffins tins with paper liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add in eggs one at a time, until fluffy and incorporated. Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
3. Using an ice-cream scoop or spoon, fill each muffin liner with batter. They should be 3/4 full, if you’re not using a scoop. Top each cake with 1 heaping teaspoon of Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick (I used 2 toothpicks), making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. (do not swirl too much as you do not want to turn it to become ‘Nutella batter’.. Just a few rounds so that you can still bite into those delicious nutella)
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
5. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.