Apple Cherry Butter Cake
You can put a cherry on pretty much everything.
On a sundae,
on a milkshake,
in your cocktail,
in your cookies,
or for this instance, on a cake.
Don’t they just prettify ?
I have apple juice in this cake. And cherries both ON the cake and IN the cake.
Well, at least that was the intention. To have bits of cherries throughout the cake. But it seems like the Maraschinos had other plans. They all decided to go south to the bottom of the cake.
I patted the cherries dry before folding it into the batter. I sprinkled them with flour too. But neither seemed to work. I guess it must have been the batter which wasnt thick enough.
Anyways no point beating yourself about for sunken cherries. It just means you gotta dig deeper to get the good stuffs.
Or you can distract people by cutting the cake into fancy shapes, and of course, top it off with yet another cherry!
Lemon Cherry Cake
200 gr butter
125 gr caster sugar
200 gr AP flour
30 gr cornflour
15 gr milk powder
2 tsp baking powder
75 ml apple juice
100 gr maraschino cherries
1. Sift the AP, cornflour, milk powder and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs gradually, making sure that each is incorporated before adding the next one.
3. Add the flour mixture alternately with the apple juice.
4. Fold in the diced cherries.
5. Pour into a pregreased and prelined 22 x 22 x4 cm baking tin.
6. Bake at 180 degree celcius for 30 minutes or till it gets cooked.