Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce
This breakfast came together because i happened to have all the ingredients in my fridge.
1. Mushrooms – check
2. Chicken Breast – check
3. Cream – check
Put everything together and we had this chicken breast with creamy mushroom sauce. And of course, the peas and carrots.
And for carbs, i dipped a baguette in an egg and milk mixture, just like how you would to a french toast.But instead of sugar, i gave it a savoury twist by adding salt into the dip.
But i guess i could have done better with that toast. Since we had leftover creamy mushroom sauce anyways. It seemed obvious.
to have mushroom crostinis!
Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Taken from My Recipes
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves $
- 2 teaspoons canola oil $
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided $
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves $
- 1/2 cup dry white wine $
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour $
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth $
- 2 tablespoons butter $
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 3. Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid almost evaporates. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove pan from heat; add butter and thyme, stirring until butter melts. Serve with chicken.