Miso Udon Soup
Before Baby Crustabakes, supermarket trips were often and regular.
With her arrival, these visits however, became sporadic and infrequent.
So when i did get to a supermarket last weekend, i felt the urge to buy the store out. I stuffed our cart with things that are usually not in my grocery list.
Things that include fresh udon noodles.
I combined the fresh udon noodles with things that are in my usual grocery list.
I poured some miso broth over the whole party. And thus, was my miso udon.
- 2 packets of udon
- 3 fresh prawns
- 2 Imitation Crabsticks
- 1 egg – hard boiled
- Boiled corn
- Dried seaweed
- 1cup water
- 1 stalk spring onion – chopped
- 1 tbs (or more) miso paste
- 1/4 tsp Hon-dashi seafood flavour seasoning
- 1/2 tbs mirin
- Bring the cup of water and dried seaweed to boil.
- Mix in the miso paste the hondashi and the mirin
- Turn the heat off (I used the residual heat to cook the rest of the items on the list) and add the prawn and the imitation crab stick
- In another pot, boil the fresh udon. Drain and place into a bowl.
- Pour miso soup over udon.
- Garnish with spring onion.