Purple Sweet Potato Bread
Some of you are probably sick of the babyfood posts that i’ve been putting up lately.
Today, I shall suspend baby-related activities and return to regular Crustabake-y kinda post.
“Back to basics” as everyone would say.
Basics, in Crustabakes, would probably be baked goods.
While still on a “healthy” strike,
I bring you this Purple potatoes sandwich swirled bread.
No, its not gluten free, and yes, there is sugar involved in making this.
But it’s low gluten, due to the potatoes.
And no artificial coloring was used to get this beautiful hue.
It’s all natural from the pureed purple sweet potatoes.
Purrty ain’t it?
Sweet Potato Loaf
(adapted and modified from Jess of J3ss Kitch3n)
Starter Dough Ingredients
200g bread flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
130g cooked purple sweet potato (mashed)
- Combine bread flour, instant yeast and mashed sweet potato in a mixing bowl, add in sufficient water to form a soft pliable dough, cover with cling wrap or a wet cloth and prove for 1hr or until double in size.
Main Dough Ingredients
All of Starter Dough
30g bread flour
50g all purpose flour
65g cooked purple sweet potato (mashed)
40g olive oil
- Combine all of the Main Dough Ingredients in your bread maker machine or stand mixer and knead till the window pane stage, cover with cling wrap or wet cloth and prove for 1hr or until double in size.
- Punch out the air from the proofed dough and divide the dough into 2 equal parts, cover and rest the doughs for 15mins.
- Punch out the air from the rested doughs and shape into rounds, place into bread tin and prove for 1hr.
- Bake in preheated oven of 170C for 38mins or till golden brown, remove bread from tin immediately once done and cool completely on a cooling rack before slicing.