Cookie Dough Truffles
This post is inspired by the cookie dough with the hard boiled egg i made yesterday. Even though it was unbaked, using cooked egg means that it was salmonella free and safe for consumption.
Shamefully, no one but the bakers know the wonders of unbaked cookie dough. The rest had to eat it baked.
This cookie dough truffles however, will change that.
With no raw egg, and no raw flour, these are even safer havens for the people around me to have a taste of the uncooked cookies that i (the baker) get to indulge in every now and then.
There is a couple of much experimented (and proven) equations that i’ve had since i started baking. They go something like this.
Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Winner.
Chocolate + Salt = Bigger Winner.
These truffles, composed of the three components of peanut butter, crushed salty pretzel sticks and chocolate chips just scored a hat trick.
They are then enrobed in more chocolate, and (if you fancy), sprinkled with more sea salt. Yes, i tend to get over-indulgent.
So please, make these and let the people out there know the perks of a baker in the world of raw cookie dough!
Peanut Butter, Pretzels and Chocolate Chip Truffles
4 TBS Butter
1 C Peanut Butter
1 C Confectioner’s Sugar
1 C Crushed Pretzel Sticks
1 C Chocolate Chips
1/2 Pounds Chocolate
1 TBS shortening
Some Sea Salt
Some Hundreds and Thousands
1. Cream butter and peanut butter together. Sift in confectioners sugar and beat till well combined, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
2. Stir in pretzel sticks and chocolate chips.
3. Refrigerate cookie dough for about 15 minutes, or till they are easy to handle.
4. Roll the dough into 1 inch dough balls (I used an ice cream scoop) and place them on lined cookie sheets. Cover the balls loosely with plastic and freeze them for another 15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, melt the chocolate with the shortening (I used the microwave at 10 seconds bursts).
6. Drop the frozen balls into the melted chocolate, and sprinkle with desired toppings ( I used seasalt and hundreds and thousands)
A baking addict who loves to give away all her baked products to willing (or unwilling) recipients to make room for more baking. i would love to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- April 2009
- Writing a #postcrossing postcard to Germany through postcrossing.com 1 month ago
- Beer Battered Fish and Onion Rings wp.me/puVmX-Vu 3 months ago
- @drtiwi : terimakasih dok atas pencerahan nya. Membantu sekali 4 months ago
- @dokterlaktASI misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi 4 months ago
- @drtiwi misi dok, mau tanya, obat "scandexon dexamethasone" dan "ceteme chlorpheniramini malea" amankah untuk busui yg lg alergi. Makasih 4 months ago